Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How To: Deleting multiple duplicate values in each column compared to first row values

Czaggy
7 - Meteor

Hi,

does anyone what workflow to use in order to get rid of duplicates of the first row of a new Project (defined by ProjectID). In this input table i have the first row of a project with the main data, now i want the following rows to only show the values in each column, that are different from the first row values (they could also be replaced by 0 or NULL). I found the multiple row formula to work for only one column each, but id have to add a new formula for every column i have - which is 53 columns in the original input table.

I would be super thankful if anyone can help me out or give me some mental inputs that will help me solve this problem.

Input table:

ProjectIDInfo1Info2Info3Info4Info5
1x1x2x3x4x5
1x1x2yx4x5
1x1x2x3zx5
1x1x2x3x4o
2a1a2a3a4a5
2a1ba3a4a5
2a1a2ca4a5
2a1a2a3da5
2a1a2a3a4e

Output:

ProjectIDInfo1Info2Info3Info4Info5
1x1x2x3x4x5
1  y  
1   z 
1    o
2a1a2a3a4a5
2 b   
2  c  
2   d 
2    e

2 REPLIES 2
Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

hi @Czaggy,

I achieved to do so using transpose and cross tabs and compare the values, there is a sample workflow attached, it does what you asked for (and you can add as many info as you want it will still work 😉 )

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Czaggy 

Good solution from @Ladarthure 

Here's a different one that uses the unique tool to pull out only the changed rows for each column and then applies a Cross tab to get the original structure back.

WF.png

The Unique tool looks at ProjectID, Name and Value of the transposed data.  The results are 

Results.png

Dan

Labels