Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How Can i build Count formula in Alteryx with Lookup condition

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

I am trying to build an Alteryx flow for Unique count with Vlook mapping condition but unable to design the correct flow. Please help.

See the attached excel for details.

16 REPLIES 16
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Learner09 ,

I don't get what you want to do. You want to count the number of times an ID appears ?

Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste

chinu267
8 - Asteroid

Hi. Can you explain below what exactly you doing? Why some are 1 but others ZERO?

chinu267_0-1593618585684.png

I am not able to understand why the 3 of the  ID 6149401  is 1 but all others are ZERO?

chinu267_1-1593618675845.png

I am not able to understand why the last one for ID 6105297 is 1 but all previous are ZERO?

=COUNTIF(Where do you want to look?, What do you want to look for?)

What exactly you trying to achieve by using the COUNTIF? Why you using the next row element for the current row in COUNTIF for  "What do you want to look for?"?

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

@Jean-Balteryx 

I am trying to achieve a unique customer count on the basis of ID. I have Historical Mapping "tab 2014". So condition, first we need to check/search/lookup ID into Historical Mapping tab "2014", if it is equal to 0 then just simply count in the ID population only from top to bottom and then if this condition greater than 1 then 1 otherwise 0. So also see the formulae in the customer count column.

Thanks

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

@Jean-Balteryx 

Please see the attached file

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

@chinu267 

Please see the attached file

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Learner09 ,

So you have a list of ID in Sheet 1 and another list of ID in 2014 an you want to tag IDs that aren't in 2014 in Sheet 1 ?

Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

@Jean-Balteryx 

Correct, but in Sheet 1 - ID should count as unique or single time. e.g. if the ID appears in 4 lines then it should count 1 on one line and rest three lines should be 0.

chinu267
8 - Asteroid

that will be easy to do if "Not in 2014 that why count as 1, as a unique"

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@Learner09 

Do you need to keep repeated IDs in Sheet 1 ?

Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste

Labels