Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How Can i build Count formula in Alteryx with Lookup condition

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

I am trying to build an Alteryx flow for Unique count with Vlook mapping condition but unable to design the correct flow. Please help.

See the attached excel for details.

16 REPLIES 16
Learner09
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Jean-Balteryx 

Yes, Actually I have 20k+ lines data for these IDs and all data required for reporting purposes, so I need all repeated ID.

Thanks,

Mayank 

chinu267
8 - Asteroid

chinu267_0-1593700893276.png

Why ID 6171787 is counted as 1 twice then?

chinu267_1-1593701058144.png

As you said for all others that are not in sheet 2014 "if the ID appears in MULTIPLE lines then it should count 1 on one line and rest three lines should be 0."

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

Hi @chinu267

This is the sample data that I shared and if you closely look at the formula then you found formula slipped by one row and rest other lines formula doing fine that the reason first 2 lines have 1,

Basic is that we need to look ID in Mapping 2014 first, to check further it is there or not, if not then we need to count in the Data itself but as unique.

Thanks,

Mayank

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@Learner09 ,

Here is an attempt, tell me if it's what you are looking for.

Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste

chinu267
8 - Asteroid

Looks good to me. Only Mayank can confirm whether we understood him or not:-)

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

@Jean-Balteryx  Thank you, it's working fine.

Best,

Mayank

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Learner09 ,

That's nice to hear !

Don't hesitate if you need help again !

Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste

Labels