Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How Can I Modify Macro within 2nd Chained Analytics App on Private Gallery?

pfiskrat
7 - Meteor

Hello, I have a chained Analytics App on our Private Gallery that is part of a collection and being used by multiple users. I'm trying to update some logic on a Macro that is within the 2nd app. The 2nd app initiates from the "On Success - Run Another Analytic App" option in the Interface Designer properties.

After opening the Analytics App from the Private Gallery; if it was a Macro on this first Analytics App canvas I could just right click on the icon on the canvas and open it, but it's on the 2nd Analytics App's canvas. Clicking on the "B" Browse button in the Interface Designer properties does not bring up the correct folder.

How do I modify just this Macro on the 2nd Analytics App so I can save a new version of this workflow to our Private Gallery without replacing the entire workflow and having to reshare it with my collection group? I'd like to be able to maintain version history. 

pfiskrat_0-1673978406798.png

pfiskrat_1-1673978554627.png

pfiskrat_2-1673978680935.png

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Unless you are using a macro saved to your generic Macros directory on your server you cannot do what you are trying to do. A Macro which is not a generic macro (ie in your root Macros directory) is considered a workflow dependency and must be changed individually. When not being run your macro is part of the .yxzp package and each .yxzp package would have a copy of this macro.

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @pfiskrat 

If you open the workflow inside of your alteryx designer like this, replace the macro reference and save it again with the dependencies, you wont lose the version/share history, 

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1674039182089.png

Labels