Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How Can A Mail Tool Affect My Output File?

crazybeauti_ful
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I understand that the mail tool is the last one to run in any workflow but how can it affect my output file?

If I disconnect the mail tool, I get the correct output file saved in the folder. If I connect the mail tool, I lose the tabs with data on them.

Appreciate any help!

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

My guess is that the mail tool is picking up the file before it finishes running. If you have the crew macros, I would check out the "parallel block until done" tool. 

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
crazybeauti_ful
8 - Asteroid

Hi Treyson,

Thank you for your input. I tried the "parallel block until done" tool but didn't work as well.

I actually have 2 tools at the end of my workflow - the email tool and an internal draft email macro. No issues with the draft email macro; it even attaches the correct output file before the email tool changes the file altogether but maybe the draft email macro is the culprit because when I deleted it from my workflow, the email tool works just as well. So that's how I resolved my dilemma. 🙂

Appreciate your time and effort. 

Thanks again,

cb_f

Labels