Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Holiday and Date Data Set Builder

justin_winter
8 - Asteroid

Built a data set with Alteryx that calculates major US holidays, holiday weekends, various day of week/month columns, weekend flags, etc. US holidays were calculated on the fly using the current timing and the dates run from 1947 to 2050... I had a data input for Easter (Only calculated Gregorian Easter...). Some are anachronistic in that I calculated an MLK day in the 1950's, so feel free to improve some of those!! Thought this would be at least a fun thought starter for folks. I tried finding a good version online and was surprised to not be able to easily find anything that did this comprehensively and well. 

Enjoy!

Justin

10 REPLIES 10
RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

@justin_winter  this is great; thank you!

Working on a Time Series flow, and I will definitely plug this in to help me set time to 'day in this period versus same day in last period' (i.e. calendar day and not calendar date) before generating plots and forecasts...

I also think it will be a cool lookup to leverage when trying to forecast, for example, the next Monday based on all the previous Monday's in the period even given Holiday effects.

Again, really cool...

TerriLH
7 - Meteor

This was exactly what I was looking for to build out a calendar. Thanks!

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

This is fantastic @justin_winter! Thanks!

bksparks67
5 - Atom

This is brilliant - thanks!

djcharon1
5 - Atom

Bravo Justin, Bravo!  Exactly what I needed to calculate Business Days into the future.

DrDan
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I'm currently working on a project where this saved countless hours of time.

Thanks for this!

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@justin_winter 

Nicely done!

Thank you!😁

AlexSTeryx
8 - Asteroid

Hi @justin_winter this is really a great and impressive workflow. I saved it for future needs! 
Currently I face however, another challenge regarding date matching. Maybe you - as an Day Time Ninja - wanna have a look at it?

-> https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Allocating-Orders-on-work-free-days-to...

Best
Alex

DEllis
7 - Meteor

@justin_winter Thank you! This is great for feeding into forecast/machine learning workflows. 🙂

Labels