community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Hive data connection - Kerberos Key Initialization issue.

Meteoroid

Hello Fellow Alteryx users, 

Good Afternoon. I am having some issues in the intialization of Kerberos key to connect to Hadoop hive. 

Here are the steps I have followed before the Key Initialization (Error screen shot is in the below steps): 

• Select and configure the Hive drivers to match the information in the image below and test the connection.  If successful, select ok.  

This Image is the configuration of our server.

(Host, Port, Database, Hiver Server type, Machanism (Kerberos), Realm, Host FQDN, Service Name (Hive))

• Go to: http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/dist/#kfw-4.0 and download Kerberos: 
  • Replace the krb5.conf configuration file in your local machine hosting the HiveServer2.
  • Go to C:\ProgramData\MIT\Kerberos5
  • Rename the configuration file from krb5.conf to krb5.ini
  • Copy the attached krb5.ini file to “C:\ProgramData\MIT\Kerberos5” and overwrite the existing file. 

• Move your <user>.keytab file into the same folder (I have got this key tab file from out Hadoop platform team)

• Generate a kerberos (security) ticket to access hive and impala by opening a windows command prompt and submitting the following command with your username in place of <user>:

kinit -k -t "C:\ProgramData\MIT\Kerberos5\Myuserid.keytab" myuserid@RONALDO-NAP.ABC.COM

Here is what I am getting while i am trying to initiate the keytab file. I am able to successfully do this on my local machine but When I am trying to do this on server I am getting the below error. 

kint issue.PNG

Does anyone face this issue before? If so, Would you please help me resolve this ?

Thanks

JB

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi JB,

I haven't been working much with Keberos keys myself, but I think I have seen this issue before. What operating system are you working on?

Daniel

Meteoroid

Hello Daniel 

Thanks for the response. I am using Windows Server 2012 R2.

Thanksa

JB

Hi,

Can I see the .ini file. I think the issue is related to the encryption type. What does your own IT-department say?

Best,

Daniel

Meteoroid

Hello danielbrn, 

The ini file is attached. I have contacted my IT department, even they are looking into it, But I dont see any progress. 

Thanks

JB

Hi Again,

I would chat more with IT. Here is something about different encryption methods: http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-1.12/doc/admin/enctypes.html. You can try to change 

default_tgs_enctypes = aes256-cts
default_tkt_enctypes = aes256-cts

Best,

Daniel

Meteor

Hi JB,

Sorry I'm unable to help on the server side, but you noted you were able to successfully

do it for your local version, my question is related to that successful connection.

On that end, are you able to get the KB to work for BOTH connect in db and data stream in?

I am able to get it to work beautifully for connect in-db, however I get a KB "not found" for data stream

in (on both trying temp table and real table) which doesn't make much sense to me since my krb_file

is in the same location... any thoughts?

Thanks very much,

Mallory

Highlighted
Meteoroid

Iam also facing issues connecting to Hive from Alteryx using Kerberos . What is surprising is that connecting to Hive using Kerberos from Tableau or Excel works very well and no need to install MIT Kerb. The same ODBC connection while using inside the Alteryx Workflow fails.Any idea on what is required for the fixKerberosError.pngKerberos Connection Error

Labels