Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Hive ODBC Error in Steam in DB (unable to find field "" in output record)

Krit_Gable
8 - Asteroid

I having trouble to push data to Hive table via Simba Hive ODBC. 

I'm testing hive odbc connector I check with access data via hive odbc, I am able to access database without any problem. But when I am testing with writing data back to hive odbc  I have found error on

"Error: Data Stream In (2): Unable to find field "test" in output record."

I check hive table. I found that the table has successfully create table with correct schema but I'm stuck with issue where alteryx couldn't push data to hive table via simba odbc

Error messageError message

I make a research  on this one https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Error-using-the-Data-Stream-In-tool/td... where I should change to Simba Hive odbc to solve. I did change but it still have this error

Here is some feature that I have done see image as following

raw dataraw dataatttempt to create tableatttempt to create tableodbc config 1odbc config 1odbc config 2odbc config 2

hive readhive readhive writehive write

Can someone have any solution to solve this thing ?  What are the root cause of this? 

5 REPLIES 5
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Is it possible that you have a leading or trailing space on the "test" header in your text input? 

Krit_Gable
8 - Asteroid

I check that one there is not trialing space on text data. 

Taitsan
5 - Atom

Krit, how did you solve this issue?  I'm facing the exact same problem.  The error points to the data format.

Krit_Gable
8 - Asteroid

I have to workaround instead push data via hive odbc, I change write data by pushing file directly in HDFS path then I create hive schema via Hive interface read data directly from HDFS path instead. 

Taitsan
5 - Atom

Thanks Krit.  I saw that solution too.  That seems to offer better performance.  I did figure out the ODBC issue.  The solution was found here.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Error-quot-SQLPrepare-Simba-Hardy-8...

Labels