Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Highlighting 1st row and Export as Table

Jhayeanne012
6 - Meteoroid

Hello! I am working on a report where I need to highlight the header in Green and Font color as White. I was able to do this using the table tool thru updating the header settings. However, if I do this, my output returns to a 1 liner text as per attached.

can you help me solve these?

In addition, how do I add another sheet with blank data? So basically there should be 2 sheets. The 1st one is with the data based on my workflow the second one should be blank but with sheet name “Formula”.  Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4
LukeG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Jhayeanne012 

Here is a solution that should...

1. output your table with the formatting you created

2. Create another sheet titled "Formula" with no data

LukeG_0-1594220720682.png

The Render tool allows you to output the table you created.

The Block Until Done tool allows that output to finish before creating the empty sheet. This helps to avoid errors.

With the final Output, be sure that you are creating an new sheet and skipping field names.

LukeG_1-1594220869549.png

Please let me know if you have any questions! Happy to help!

Jhayeanne012
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Luke,

Thank you for taking time in helping me. Our company version of Alteryx is still 2018.4.4 and it seems there are functions you have used that I am missing. Nevertheless, I have updated my workflow following yours, but I still get errors as attached.

The output  table should go to sheet "Fails" and the empty sheet goes to sheet "Formula"

Apologies, I caan attached my workflow due to data confidentiality but I have attached a screenshot of my workflow. Thanks again and appreciate if you can help me further.

LukeG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Jhayeanne012 

It appears that the render tool is writing out to a temporary excel file. I believe this should be a specific output file.

The final output tool that shows the error in your screenshot should also point to the same specific output file.

As long as both of those conditions are met and the file is not open anywhere on your computer it should allow you to write the output.

Please let me know if there are any other issues that come up. Happy to continue troubleshooting until we find a solution.

-Luke

Jhayeanne012
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Luke!

Thank you for your continued assistance. I have managed to fix the issue through your help 🙂

Labels