Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Highlight cells in output?

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Hi,

Is it possible to highlight cells in Excel output with the Alteryx tool? The conditions would be if two date fields are not equal. 

Thanks,

Chris

6 REPLIES 6
NickSm
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @Archaeopteryx , you can do some formatting if you're creating a table object with the reporting tools.  Can add in conditions and row rules to determine what's colored, as in your example here.  

Article for reference: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Color-my-cells-conditional-formating/t...

GiuseppeC
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Archaeopteryx,

the Reporting toolset allows you to add formatting to your tables. In particular, in the Basic Table tool, you'll find the options to set up your conditional formatting rules.

I'd recommend you click on Reporting > Table > Open examples to learn how to use it.

Hope this helps!

Giuseppe

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

HI,

Thank you for the reply.

Is it possible to highlight a single cell? There are three reasons for a record to kick out after JOINING two data sheets: 1) The cost fields after the join are not equal, 2) The promotion begin dates after the join are not equal, 3) The promotion end dates after the join are not equal. As FYI, the JOIN occurs on ITEM ID. 

I would like to highlight one or more of those cells that are repugnant to those filtering criteria, not necessarily the entire row.

Thanks,

Chris

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Can you color only a single cell? 

sameer
5 - Atom

Yes you can..select the column and under column rules make the edits.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Archaeopteryx, yes it can be done by providing specific condition on column rule by using basic table reporting tool. Please refer to the screenshot.

grazitti_sapna_0-1594355002574.png

grazitti_sapna_1-1594355019655.png

Also, attaching the sample workflow.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Labels