Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Hierarchy Manager to Employee

Fred22
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I believe I have a unique problem with our data and hierarchy structure. The goal is to get Upper management down to the hourly workers. We will also need to know if they responded yes or no to a communication.

Attached is the data what is unique since everyone is at a different level the CEO is in a different column than others based on who they are. As the data shows each row is unique.

Let me know if any other clarification is needed. Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @Fred22,

Thank you for your contribution to the Community! To help make it easier for others to assist, it would be helpful to get some additional information on your process.

Here's what we recommend you include in your reply:

• What Alteryx Version are you using?

• Do you have a Workflow you can share? What have you tried so far?

• What about a Screenshot?

• What does the final data look like?

Thank you very much!

DanM

Fred22
8 - Asteroid

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your response.

To give better clarification here is the info I know:

• Version 11.7
  • I do not have a working workflow. I am not sure how to approach this situation.
  • The final data should be sorted so when this is put into qlikview you can click on the top tier and drill down to the person you are looking for.

I understand this is a little vague but I hope this helps.

danrh
13 - Pulsar

What does the data need to look like for qlikview?  Can you give an example of the formatting?

For example:

image.png

Attached is a workflow that converts the data into this format.  How do you need the data structured?

Fred22
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for your response. The data should look like this:

danrh
13 - Pulsar

Something like the attached?

Fred22
8 - Asteroid

This looks correct. Let me do some testing on my end and ensure it is okay. Thank you very much. I appreciate your time. Once tested I will mark as solution.

Fred22
8 - Asteroid

This is nearly perfect. Is there anyway we can add column H and I as the attached excel sheet shows?

I would still need worker ID and the Yes/No column.

Thank you!

danrh
13 - Pulsar

Yep, just join is back to your original data.  In this case we've already created a RowID, so joining on that field works works well.

Fred22
8 - Asteroid

Everything works. I appreciate your time!

Labels