Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Hide workflow message from Dynamic Input

esuri
5 - Atom

Is there a way to hide or disable the message from Dynamic Input tool? I'm feeding in 1000+ rows to update the SQL WHERE clause and the workflow messages just repeats this for each row it runs.

2019-01-16_11-20-41.png

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I'm not sure on the hiding messages part, but I am curious to the syntax of submitting 1000+ rows for a WHERE clause. In my experience, it's better to combine the conditions and execute a large. single query rather than waiting on the time it takes to submit and returns 1000+ queries. 

For example: if you're updating a clause like "Where ID=1", "Where ID=2", and so on, combine the records with a Summarize tool and modify the query to use "Where ID in ([Concat_field])" in a single query. 

esuri
5 - Atom

Hi thanks for the input, unfortunately I get a DataWrapOCI: Unable to prepare the query error when I try concatenating the field. I am thinking it is due to the amount of values I would be putting into the WHERE IN clause if I try it that way.

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Oh of course, I forgot there's typically a 1000 argument limit. Here's a method I used to group the records into 100-record groups. It's typically much faster to submit 10 100-record queries than waiting on each one. Also, the quantity of records grouped is easily variable.

Check out the attached workflow that shows how to use the RecordID and the CEIL function to create these groups of WHERE clause replacement values.

esuri
5 - Atom

Wow that did the trick! Went from 15 minutes going thru the Dynamic Input to 20 seconds. No need to hide the workflow messages. :)

Labels