Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Hide subdirectory for custom macro installs

KenMoorhead
7 - Meteor

I've been working on some custom internal-use macros for my team of designers. I've gotten a decent workflow down to make distribution of the macros simple and consistent for my artisans-- I've borrowed heavily from the Installer app used by the CReW macro pack.

I'm hitting a minor UX/UI snag with Designer... I have macros the artisans will use, and supporting macros that may do some additional heavy lifting behind the scenes. My issue is that the Designer UI is picking up both the directory I want the artisans in, AND the supporting macro directory I would prefer remain hidden for ease of use.

The workflow for my installer is...

1. Create local directory for toolkit (in screenshot, App Building Tools)
  2. Create local directory for supporting toolkit (App Building\Supporting Macros). Macros in parent folder will look for supporting macros in this location.
  3. Copy toolkit macros from network drive to local toolkit directory
  4. Copy supporting macros from network drive to local supporting macro directory
  5. Write a toolkit-specific .ini file to C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\DataProducts\AddOnData\Macros (e.g. appbuildingtoolkit,ini)

All of the above are working great. I've compared the .ini I'm creating with similar files from other Alteryx add-ons and they're structured in the same way. I can see for sure that the CReW Test macro pack has a subdirectory of supporting macros, so I'm missing something in my configuration.

supportingMacros.png

3 REPLIES 3
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @KenMoorhead,

If you call the directory supporting_macros, then it should not show up. 

KenMoorhead
7 - Meteor

I knew it was going to be something simple... thanks very much, I'll give that a try later this morning!

KenMoorhead
7 - Meteor

Kane - thanks very much, that did the trick!

Labels