Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Hide columns in Render tool

A121093
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Everybody,

I produce an output report through Render Tool, with many columns.

Is there the possibility to only hide some of these columns in the output report?

It is important that these columns remain in the final report, but the should be not visible by the user who launch the workflow. 

Best regards,

Alessandra

3 REPLIES 3
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @A121093 

Feature to hide columns in alteryx output files is not available and not possible.

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @A121093 

@A121093 wrote:

I produce an output report through Render Tool, with many columns.

Is there the possibility to only hide some of these columns in the output report?

Yes, but the Render tool does not give you content control, so we'll have to look elsewhere. If you're using the Render tool, that means there's some other reporting tools in the workflow that prepare the layout fields for the Render tool. Create your layout fields without those fields and they will not be rendered. For example: if you have a Table tool that's creating the layout, then that's where you will be able to remove columns/fields. 

@A121093 wrote:

It is important that these columns remain in the final report, but the should be not visible by the user who launch the workflow. 

Now this is something different and, as @atcodedog05 mentioned, not possible as far as I know. The workflow is the controller and will show any fields that it needs to generate the desired output. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Thank you @CharlieS 🙂

Now i learnt how to use quote in a post 😀

Labels