Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Hex Bins with Trade Area

maisonsteyer
7 - Meteor

I am working on creating hex bins for metro areas in the US. Within these hex bins, I need to have a total of 3 trade areas (16, 4, and 1 miles). I found the macro to build the hex bins with a single area, but I cannot figure out a way to incorporate the other two trade areas similarly to the "Trade Area" tool. Any and all advice is welcomed. Thank you in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @maisonsteyer 

Let me see if I follow you:

- Input a Metro area polygon to the "Make Hex Grid" macro on the community: https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Make-Hex-Grid/56702964aa690a0fd49f40a6

- Set a grid size smaller than the metro area polygons so you get multiple hex grids ourput.

- Then you want 3 trade areas for each grid?

Seems like you could use the Spatial Info tool to assign Centroid objects, then two trade area tools to generate the trade areas from the cetroid of each grid (one for miles, one for minutes). Is that what you're after?

maisonsteyer
7 - Meteor

Hi Charlie!

Yes, you are following me! And yes, that is very close to what I would like to do. I would like the output to be very similar to the screenshot below. It is currently set up to be 16 mile radius and I would like it to have a 4 mile radius and a 1 mile radius within each polygon. I am sorry if I am not explaining this very well. 

maisonsteyer_1-1629415567424.png

mmorningstar17
5 - Atom

Did you ever figure this out? Looking for the Hex Macro and can't find it

Labels