Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Helping in Joining and summarizing

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Deal all,

I need your help, I stuck in the half of the workflow. What I'm having is that.

I have an excel file which contains of these columns:

Certificate Number: Which is a unique number represented a company.

City: It's clear.

Date: Which it's clear.

Code: This what I'm going to calculated my output depending on it.

What I'm looking to have in my output is that each company which is represented by certificate number I want to know which codes are using and how many times it used this code before 20-6-2020 and how many times it used the code at 20-6-2020 and after 

So the output of the workflow should be like this for example:-

output.PNG 

Whereas the input is 

input.PNG

I have attached the excel file and the workflow where I left :(.

It's urgent if someone can help it will be much appreciated.

16 REPLIES 16
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Feras95p 
Is this what you want. if yes, please mark it as solution. Thanks.Capture.PNG

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Qiu ,

Thanks for helping ! Unfortunately I couldn't be able to open the workflow it give me this error.

k.PNG 

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

This should do it. Workflow is attached. I have saved this as a previous workflow version so it should open. 

sample v2.png

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

It looks like @Qiu beat me to the solution! I think our answers are pretty much the same so please mark theirs as a solution if it answers your question. 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Feras95p 
Thanks for your feedback. You can actually go ahead and import the workflow and it will work anyway.
or you can try the one from @BrandonB they are the same.
Please mark our posts as the solution if you would. Thanks.

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Hi @BrandonB ,

Thanks for helping ! But there is something wrong with your workflow because it give the output  8 records which are 8 codes but in the input I have 378 codes!

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

As I replied to @BrandonB  there is something wrong with the work flow as it gives me only 8 records while I have in the input 378 codes so each code should be shown how many times is used before and after 20-6-2020 for that company.

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

I want to have all the codes  of the output in one sheet how it possible? Like the output of the left and the right  in one sheet. Is that possible ?

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

@BrandonB  In the workflow I couldn't have all the output in one sheet, I'm looking to have the output of the left and right of the join tool like the output in the J so all the recodes be like the formatting of the J. In summary I want each code to be identified like the output of Join output.

Labels