Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help with transpose

jackersantos
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow that is parsing HTML tags. At the end, I would need 26 columns and about 400 rows. 

My problem is: I have already parsed the data, and I received a dataset with two columns. One containing the the headers (26 columns that are repeating every 26 rows) and other containing the values (valores)

jackersantos_0-1651686418673.png

I would like to convert this column headers to multiple columns (26). And have the column values as the name suggests, as the values of these 26 columns. 

I have attached an excel file with the output I'm given right now, which is the one I would like to transpose. (information is public so there is no problem in sharing it).  Any help would be appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @jackersantos,

I think this approach sorts the pivots the data correctly: 

IraWatt_0-1651687196345.png

If you have any questions on how this works or any issues make sure to ask :)

HTH

Ira

rfoster7
9 - Comet

Your recordID2 isn't very helpful because its iterating on the value instead of the header. So I used a multi row tool to make a new row id that differentiates on the values then used the cross tab tool to make your columnar data. 

screenshot.PNG

jackersantos
8 - Asteroid

@IraWatt  

That's it! Thank you very much!

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @jackersantos, glad it worked ! 

Labels