Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help with simple app interface

ck2019
9 - Comet

Hi

I originally created my workflow to just have a file that a user has to manually update with the dates that the workflow relates to until I found out about the interface tool.

I haven't uploaded the whole workflow, but in the attached, what I would like to do is make sure the user selection overwrites the possible input values, and then a formula will then replace the values with the values that are needed within the workflow.

I have watched a couple of tutorials but I seem to miss some key steps and hoping someone can point me in the right direction please?

My workflow is based on financial period, so I want to the user to select the financial year - say FY17, then the formula I have come up with will change this to a date and then will be used in the rest of the workflow...but I can't get the interface to update the value so not sure what I am doing wrong!

Can you help please?

workflow.jpg

I have added a value within the text input value to show how the formula should work if the user selection bit works accordingly.  Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @ck2019 ,

This is the wf updated. Better update it to have the date on a separate field given that you cant have strings and dates on the same column.

Update: Put a select between the find-replace and the formula tool and change the string value. Otherwise the date will be truncated.

cheers

ck2019
9 - Comet

Hey thanks for that @afv2688  I knew it'd be something simple that I was missing - the key bit was the update cell rather than selecting updating value. Thanks for your help; appreciate it.

Labels