Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help with if statement and multirow formula

jannis005
7 - Meteor

Hello -

I have a dataset that contains "stacked" related data. I am trying to use a multi-row if statement to correctly identify any stacked rows that are associated with the relevant data. For example, I want to identify if a string of text begins with "SP" and if so then label that row with a "YES" as well as the next 3 rows with "YES". Once identified, I am planning on unstacking the data using techniques described here by the community.

My multi-row formula with a StartsWith([Data],"SP") correctly identifies my desired first row, but I'm unsure of the best way to bring the "YES" identifier down to rows 2-4. I am not sure if I can have multiple expressions in the "then" portion of the if statement.

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this? Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Janus
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

If I understand your problem correctly, this would be one of the logic to implement your request.

CODE in MULTIROW FORMULA tool :

iif(startswith([Data],"SP") or startswith([Row-1:Data],"SP") or startswith([Row-2:Data],"SP"),"YES",null())

jannis005
7 - Meteor

Yes that was it thanks for the help!

Labels