Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help with Transpose and Crosstab (I think?!)

TaniaC
7 - Meteor

OK after many frustrating hours of trying to Cross-tab, Transpose and Parse the life out of this thing, I must admit defeat.

I have an input file as below (from an automated system) and am required to transfer it to the output format as shown (to feed into another system, that does not speak to the first!)

For the output, it doesn’t matter which order the “events” are in (i.e. javelin, discus etc) but each athlete can have a different combination of, and total number of, events and season bests. I need any empty fields for each record to be at the right hand side, as shown.

Could anyone help me? I am a keen user of “basic” Alteryx functions but for some reason my brain just doesn’t work in the way required to understand Transpose and Crosstab tools, so I am well and truly stuck.

Thanks in advance for your guidance 😊

TaniaInput.JPGOutput.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@TaniaC 
Perhaps you should have asked earlier. 😁

0303-TaniaC.PNG

TaniaC
7 - Meteor

Oh my goodness that is amazing! Thank you SO much - I got three-quarters of the way there using about 35 steps and tools, and you've done it in 6.

(I will remember to only try for 10 minutes in future, before reaching out for help 🤣)

Thanks again - life saver 😀

TC

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@TaniaC 
Your kind words makes my day. Thank you also!😁

Labels