Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Help with Orace and PK column as a raw data type

chris_oneslager
6 - Meteoroid

Our schema, out of my control, uses raw datatype to store guids and the input tool recognizes it as a blob, which it is not.    I have used rawtohex() to have the input tool recognize the correct value and be able to work with it.   I am trying to transfer data from one oracle db to another with the same schema.  The output tool has a similar issue which is preventing me from using the update: insert if new functionality as it does not recognize the primary key.  I have tried an step to bring the table in, create a new one with a string column, the post add a primary key, but run into the same issue on output again.

1 REPLY 1
Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@chris_oneslager Since this seems to be in the same spirit as the other post I just responded to, I am going to leave this here.

If anyone is seeing this in the future, there is a second post, where we are talking about this topic.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Alteryx-and-Oracle-Internal-Error-in-O...

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
Labels