Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help with Naive Bayes Model for FF

ivesbr
7 - Meteor

Hi:

I'm trying to build a predictive model in Alteryx for Fantasy Football.  Initially, I tried using a linear regression model.  But I then realized I needed to take a different approach. 

So now I've developed a workflow that feeds 6 weeks worth of fantasy football data to train the model and then provide an unseen version as well.

I ran into an error at first saying that I had too many players.  So I added a filter to focus on one player to see how the model works. 

But now I'm getting an error on the Score tool saying that the execution was halted because ... predProb.naiveBayes(mod.obj,newdata = new.data). 

Anyone familiar with the error and how to resolve?  Thanks!  

10 REPLIES 10
ChrisHe
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey @ivesbr  - normally you're correct and this would be the case if we weren't using the co-variates in the ARIMA forecast.  With our TS Covariate Forecast it predicts the number of periods forward that you put in. If you un-check co-variates in the ARIMA tool and use a regular TS Forecast tool then the option you're mentioning would allow you to choose the number of predicted periods.

Labels