Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help with Input Batch Macro Workflow

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

I have modified the Macro from this post https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/The-Ultimate-Input-Data-Flowchart/ta-p/20480

but when I run it, the output from the macro doesn't return to it's call.

Please help and Thanks!

sonseeahray_2-1585157320232.png

sonseeahray_3-1585157340166.png

sonseeahray_4-1585157353919.png

25 REPLIES 25
sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

@AbhilashR sorry...what are likely reasons for nothing to return from a macro? 

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I would check to make sure the action tool inside the fileReadMacro is setup the right way.

Capture.PNG

Also check the string constructed in the newPATH formula and make sure it makes sense. I would check to make sure the folder location of your excel file + excel tab names names are populated the right way. 

1.PNG

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

@AbhilashR thank you!

here are the settings for the Update Input Data Tool and output for the newPATH variable. The string for newPATH is correct as best as I can see.

sonseeahray_1-1585256063781.png

sonseeahray_0-1585255993565.png

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Referring to the newPATH string in your screenshot, can you use it in an Input tool in a new workflow? I would like to test this string.

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

@AbhilashR I will do that now

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

@AbhilashR That's where my issue is! Thank you very much for hanging in here with me. 😃 I will work on resolving that!

sonseeahray_0-1585259073931.png

Labels