Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help with Input Batch Macro Workflow

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

I have modified the Macro from this post https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/The-Ultimate-Input-Data-Flowchart/ta-p/20480

but when I run it, the output from the macro doesn't return to it's call.

Please help and Thanks!

sonseeahray_2-1585157320232.png

sonseeahray_3-1585157340166.png

sonseeahray_4-1585157353919.png

25 REPLIES 25
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@sonseeahray - running the solution I sent you, it works as expected. In my example I sent two csv files to be read by the macro, which reads test1 and test2 csv's (both also included in first image). The output of the macro is visible in the browse tool in image 2 (and matches the data in test1 and test2 csv).

Image1

1.PNG

Image2

2.PNG

Can you confirm the count of records across the various input csv files you are passing into the fileReadMacro?

Reattaching my workflow with the individual csv files for your to look at.

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

@AbhilashR I'll try it with your files. Does it matter that I am trying to read .xlsx files?

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@sonseeahray - it shouldn't. You just need to modify the Directory tool and the Input tool inside the macro to use xlsx instead of csv file to get this to work. I have modified my solution to now read .xlsx file and reattached it here.

Hope this works out!

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

@AbhilashR I got your workflow with the csv files to work perfectly, but not the xlsx one. I even saved the macro in the same directory as the files and I cannot get the results to return.

There are 22 files in the directory. The first file, chosen as the file holder has 300 records. I think it is something really obvious 😃

Screenshots from test.yxmd

sonseeahray_0-1585167058628.png

sonseeahray_1-1585167089805.png

Screenshots from fileReadMacro.yxmc

sonseeahray_2-1585167178341.png

sonseeahray_3-1585167208583.png

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @sonseeahray - can you share your .xlsx file with sample data? I would like to test your file on my machine and see.

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

@AbhilashR I am not able to share a file because it will contain information I am not able to remove.

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@sonseeahray - can you try using the approach in the attached version? In this version I manually construct the file path + excel sheet tab names that get passed to the macro.

Capture.PNG

EDIT - please use the file named excelFileReader.yxzp

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

@AbhilashR I appreciate you continuing to help me! I'll give it a try

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

Hi @AbhilashR, sorry that I am still having the same issue. The workflow and macros to work perfectly with your test files, but when I pointed to my directory (full path and then I saved the workflow and macros within the directory itself) nothing returns from the fileReadMacro.

test workflow

sonseeahray_0-1585249075400.png

fileReadMacro workflow

sonseeahray_2-1585249262068.png

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

HI @sonseeahray, I am afraid I have run out of ideas at this point, unless you are able to provide your excel file but with dummy data.

Labels