Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help with Input Batch Macro Workflow

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

I have modified the Macro from this post https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/The-Ultimate-Input-Data-Flowchart/ta-p/20480

but when I run it, the output from the macro doesn't return to it's call.

Please help and Thanks!

sonseeahray_2-1585157320232.png

sonseeahray_3-1585157340166.png

sonseeahray_4-1585157353919.png

25 REPLIES 25
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@sonseeahray - can you try using the attached workflow to read in your files? I have coded it to read multiple CSV files from the Directory tool folder, but you can change it as it suits your case. Within the macro, the points to note are highlighted in the image below.2.PNG

Hope this helps.

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

Hi @AbhilashR I'll give it a try. Thank you

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

@AbhilashR how are you selecting the Interface Properties?

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

@AbhilashR I am missing something, because I'm getting the same results. Is it in the interface properties where I need to set autoconfigure by name?

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@sonseeahray - by interface properties you mean the image below?Capture3.PNG

If yes, then to enable this window, click on View (top left of alteryx designer)>>Interface Designer option. In it, click on the gear symbol on the extreme left of the window that would have presented itself after clicking Interface Designer option.

Capture.PNG

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@sonseeahray - could you explain the error or issue you are facing in more detail? I re-read your original but maybe I am missing something obvious you are alluding to, sorry.

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

@AbhilashR Thanks. I did have it set as you indicated. What else should I do?

sonseeahray_0-1585160832344.png

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@sonseeahray - that should do it!

Could you elaborate more on the challenge or issue you are running into? Sorry I feel like I am being difficult here.

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

@AbhilashR nothing returns from the macro in the test workflow, but in the fileReadMacro workflow it returns the 330 records of the placeholder file. And you aren't being difficult at all. It's difficult to explan 😃

Labels