Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Help with Date interface tool and filter tool.

silvina001
5 - Atom

Hello, I am having troubles filtering dates in an input. I need run a workflow 1 time per month and filter a [delivery date] column since 25 past month through 26 current month (example; 26/2/2021 to 25/3/2021 for March and 26/3/2021 to 25/4/2021 for April). Since, the workflow will be run all 26th from each month, I thought I could set up a Date interface tool where the user can select the first date from the range (day 26 from the past month) and then, using the filter tool, set up the range since the date selected by the user until today subtracting 1 day(since the worjflow will be run on 26 from each month, we should obtaine 25 as final date here). In summary, the final output should be filtered since 26 past month to 25 current month

I tried filtering in this way but the output includes dates from prior years; 
[delivery date]<= DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),-1,"DAYS")

Hopefully someone more experimented can help me with this, thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

First off - do you have all your columns in real date format?

Second off - you can get the the 26th to end of last month via something like

([delivery date] >= datetimedadd(datetimetoday(),-1,"months")) and  ([delivery date]<= DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),-1,"DAYS"))

I'm not sure what you are using the date interface for though - as you can kind of automate process by day of the month in other ways...

silvina001
5 - Atom

Hi, thank you for your response! how can I automate the process in other way? I need to filter a report from 26 prior month to 25 current month. And this process will be done one time per month. 

Thank you again! 🙂 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Are you comparing the 25th month to the 26th month or from the 26th month to the present and the 25th month to the present. If you post some sample data/sample workflow. Someone (potentially me) can you post something that you may find helpful.

As particular caveats that seems relevant to contemporary help requests:

1) Please consider all of the situations and potential scenarios and how you would expect your workflow to respond.

2) Please don't post a screen grab - post something that's actually loadable into Alteryx for your data.

3) Please thank whoever helps you complete your workflow via a "Like" and checking the solution.

silvina001
5 - Atom

Hey, sorry for the delay! I could solve my issue using 2 date interface tools and replacing the dates in the filter with the input provided by the user! 🙂 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Glad to hear it worked!

Labels