Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help with Custom usage report out of MongoDB

csh8428
11 - Bolide

I'm trying to build a basic report that shows each workflow and app on the gallery, who ran it, and when they ran it.

I followed this video on how to build your own custom usage report out of the MongoDB. The problem is that it is not giving me the results I'm looking for. There is an app(the app name contains "UAT Tool") on the gallery I know has been run many times, but the report shows it running only twice in October 2021 by a user other than me. I have personally run it many times as well as other people. Neither my nor other user's runs are showing up. I don't have any filters that would restrict it by user or date, so I don't understand why it's not showing all the runs.

I was hoping I could get some help on configuring the report.

Thanks for an help!

Craig

4 REPLIES 4
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @csh8428 ,

Let me take a look!

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I looked at your module and all looks good.  Only thing is for the formula tool, if you want to truly get rid of all spaces and special characters, the formula would be:

Replace(
Regex_Replace([que.App_Name],"[^\w\s]",''),
' ','')

Other than that, the only reason (that I know of) why prior app runs wouldn't show up in Mongo (or this module) is because your Server Settings have results being deleted after so many days (mine is 30):
2022-01-17 08_02_17-alteryxpnv01 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

A good way to check is in the Gallery, in your Workflow Results section, see how many results show for that app.  Here, for me, for this particular app, you see 7 runs (they will start to be deleted after 30 days):

2022-01-17 08_05_02-Gallery _ Clients by SUI State.png

Any and all runs prior to 30 days will have been deleted (per the Server settings).  Along with the results being deleted, so are the queue entries and run logs.  So they won't show up in your Mongo pull.  But the above will:

2022-01-17 08_07_01-Alteryx Designer x64 - Custom Gallery Usage.yxmd_.png

Also, if a user manually deletes a Workflow Result, it won't show up.

The above is why I scheduled my module for the Mongo pull to run every 5 minutes and store the results as little YXDBs.  And then I have an app that pulls all those YXDBs to show me the true number of times run.  Note however that if someone deletes a result within 5 minutes, then I won't see it.  But you can't catch everything!  Although I suppose you could schedule it to run every minute or 30 seconds even if you want.  But for me, 5 mins is fine.

Let me know if this helps!

csh8428
11 - Bolide

@mbarone Thanks for the regex help! 

Looks like our server settings were set to delete results after 1 day. I will update that and see what happens.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Welcome!  And wow, with it only set to 1 day, you won't have much of anything to look through!   Glad to help!

Labels