Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Help with Correcting Conversion Errors

rmarti56
5 - Atom

We are working on a project that has pre-loaded data and when running it through the select tool, we needed to change 2 different fields from string to Int64. When running the workflow, I received conversion error messages for these fields and my assumption is because those specific data points contain decimals while most other points within those columns are whole numbers.

Would anyone know how to address this? Keep in mind I am fresh to this software and this area in general so I'm not making sense of how a formula or filter tool can help correct this.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Pang_Hee_Choy
12 - Quasar

you have to remove any thousand separator (,) for conversion i known it sound stupid but it is.

e.g  1,000.00 > 1000.00

rmarti56
5 - Atom

The thousand separators were already removed. The only other separators that remain are the decimal points.

Pang_Hee_Choy
12 - Quasar

Int64 is do not have decimal.
try use "double" instead.

source: Data Types | Alteryx Help

Pang_Hee_Choy_0-1635221008257.png

Pang_Hee_Choy_1-1635221078778.png

Labels