Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help with Access Workflow Data

lisamccullough
8 - Asteroid

Someone else created my Alteryx workflow for me a while ago and now he has moved to a new position within the company and is no longer available for questions. I copied and pasted the workflow he created and now I'm trying to modify it to run a different report, but with the same file. He told me I should add the Browse Tool before the Summarize Tool in order to see where we're aggregating to the JE's. I've tried doing this several times but, to no avail. I only need to change the account number that the workflow is pulling from the report and some other small elements. How do I access the data to change the account number?

Thanks,

Lisa McCullough

2 REPLIES 2
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

HI @lisamccullough,

A Browse tool only lets you see what is happening at a specific place in the workflow; it doesn't change how the workflow functions.  Without seeing your workflow it is difficult to see where the changes need to be made, but look for the account number in a Filter tool.  If you can take a screen shot of the workflow it may help to answer your question, even if you cannot share the data.

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @lisamccullough 

If a specific Account Number is being brought through, there is likely a filter tool at some place in the workflow that only passes through the rows that have that account number present in the column specified as seen below:

account filter.png

If there is not currently a filter and every account number is being passed through in your workflow, you can add a filter tool like the one above and specify which account number you would like to isolate. 

Labels