Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Help required regarding dropdown macro

shrutirane
5 - Atom

Hi Alteryx team,

Can I get some help regarding the drop down macro?

I am trying to use 2 drop down macros in their workflow 

1) New SQL 
shrutirane_0-1658882217964.png

2) Old SQL 
shrutirane_1-1658882246451.png

As you can notice the data connections in both screenshots are different (trying to connect to different data sources)
When I try to run the workflow locally like this, everything works fine and all the data gets pulled from DBs. 
But when workflow is running on gallery new SQL connection doesn't get any data 
shrutirane_2-1658882322355.png

The data connection works fine for other workflows. I suspect that the alias (aka:****) in data connection for new SQL(screenshot 1) is the cause. Can you provide any solution for this?

3 REPLIES 3
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

You might need to use the actual name for the Gallery connection, the one you can see if you build an input data tool then plug an action tool to it, you will see the connection string to be updated as a long ID. 

gabrielvilella_0-1658889507170.png

shrutirane
5 - Atom

I'm not using an action tool to update the SQL. I'm using the SQL via the action tool to update the text input

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

I understand that. But I mentioned the action tool as one way to know the actual name for the Gallery connection.

Labels