Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help reading multiple xlsm files

Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Hi 

I have tried several macro's without getting any closer.

I have attached one of the files I want to read. (I get several files, with 100% same structure) Therefore I want to be able to read several files at once. Its the sheet PurchaseAccountMapping and I need to read from line 4.

I found one macro that could read the files, but i was not able to specifi the start line.. and im not able to add it myself when I dont have a classic input object.

So any help would be appriciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Hamder83 

Is it possible for you to share a 2nd excel file or the macro you tried? You should be able to specify the start row, and even if you can't you can use a sample tool to skip the first 4 rows. 

Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Hi 

I have a macro now, when I use it it loads the folder correctly - but only loads in one of many files, despite them having exactly the same structure.

Ive attached the macro, and the sample files.

Sashikumar
8 - Asteroid

I Create a module it will read all your .xlsm (PurchaseAccountMapping) sheet details.

Give me a like and make it resolve if my module solve your major problem.

Spoiler
read_xlms_files.PNG
Hamder83
11 - Bolide

@Sashikumar sorry for the late reply, this works. Gonna give you credit for the solution 🙂 

Thank you 

Labels