Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help needed building a crosstab or grid

jdelaguila
8 - Asteroid

Alteryx Community, 

I have 50 Different files that I receive on a monthly basis that contain thousands of Name's and Address's. 

Using a software it tells me all the duplicate records between all 50 Different Files based on Name and Address. The software creates a field called [DupeGroup] and every duplicate it finds it assigns a new number. So for example, If Joe Smith that lives in Washington DC is in 3 of the files it's puts a "1" in all 3 files in the [DupeGroup] field. The next duplicate bunch will get "2" and so on. 

Which leaves me with something like this:

FILE#DUPE GROUP
FILE 11
FILE 21
FILE 31
FILE 41
FILE 51
FILE 22
FILE 32
FILE 42
FILE 13
FILE 33
FILE 53

I'm trying to create a workflow that shows me how many times 1 file hit up against another file based on the  [Dupe Group] field.

So based on the above table the end result would be this:

FILE #FILE 1FILE 2FILE 3FILE 4FILE 5
FILE 101212
FILE 210221
FILE 322022
FILE 412201
FILE 521210

So using File 1 and File 5 as an example, you can see it knocked up against each other 2x - Once in the [Dupe Group]=1 and again in the [Dupe Group]=3. 

Any recommendations on what tool to even begin to use to get this done? I've been racking my brain over this for the last couple of days and just can't seem to find a place to start. 

Javier

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @jdelaguila 

Think I found a solution. See attached.

PhilipMannering_0-1614119852344.png

jdelaguila
8 - Asteroid

I don't know when, but one day when I meet you- I'm buying you dinner!!! Thank you so much!

Javier

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@jdelaguila 

Wow, next time, lets try to answer your query.😁

Labels