Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help needed: Network Analysis

jesuisbo
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, 

I'm rather new to the network analysis tool in Alteryx. I have the attached file of artists that are linked to each other and their popularity score as weight. 

For some reason I won't get the function to work and it keeps showing the 'error in graph data frame'.

Any suggestions? I've attached the source file.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

A couple of problems here.

Firstly your node list should be unique. You had the same value repeated over many lines due to how you bought in your data.

Secondly, your node list did not capture all the nodes in the network. You simply took your from column and relabelled it name. This would work fine if every value in the to column was also in the from column. This isn't the case in your instance.

In order to overcome this you should take your from field, relabel this name. Then as a seperate stream, take your to field and label it name, then union these two streams together and perform the uppercase, and then the unique.

Example attached now works for me.

Ben

jesuisbo
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, this works! :-)

avin21
5 - Atom

Hello 
I'm also pretty new to Alteryx, Can you help me understand how to create and analyse organizational network graphs, and what should be the format of data file

Labels