Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help me to get Input Files (Change in Computer drives)

Niks_diageo
7 - Meteor

Hello Friends,

I am new to alteryx community. i am facing practical problem and need expert advise.

Currently i have created a workflow which is fetching input files from Computer Drive (D:). Now our company has changed the laptop and with the policy of only one drive in the computer (i.e. C drive) only.

I have created almost 15 workflows. how to address this issue to save manual effort changing input file path from D: to C:.

Any other option please?

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The input files are referred to as dependencies of the workflow. You can edit these en masse in Alteryx Designer using Options>Advanced Options>Workflow Dependencies. There you can edit the folder paths that the input files reside in. If they're all in the same folder, then there's only one path to change.

Otherwise, you could open up the workflows as text files and find/replace the paths. In Alteryx, you can input a workflow as text if you set the delimiter to "\0" (don't forget to also increase the field length on that input). Then the Find Replace tool would be a powerful ally to make these changes. Notepad is also an option if you want to take a more manual path.

Niks_diageo
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much Charlie.. First solution worked perfectly well with me.

thank you once again.

Labels