Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help a newbie with downloading from a website

craigja
8 - Asteroid

Hi folks,

Im trying to create a small Proof of Concept for my department - at the moment the team download data from a number of websites to use with an internal system and I want to automate this step by having Alteryx download the data into a CSV/XLS file for them.

Im completely new to this, not being a developer!  One of the websites is this: https://www.fsma.be/en/overview-ongoing-takeover-bids 

I have tried using text input with the URL, going into download, then parsing the DownloadData column but this just brings down loads of other URL's and not the actual data, Im lost!

7 REPLIES 7
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hey @craigja 

The data is in your DownloadData.  You just have to look waaaaay down the page, after the links and javascript.  

Download result.png

Dan

craigja
8 - Asteroid

But I cant find the actual data - for example if I search for this code: GB00BYN5BY03 which is shown on the page I cant find it in the data (unless Im missing something)

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

I think you're missing something

Searcheddata.png

Dan

craigja
8 - Asteroid

Indeed, looks like I am missing something!  Thanks, will go back and have a look, seems I might have what I need afterall

craigja
8 - Asteroid

Now I just need to figure out how to pull out just the table with data...

msve
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Did you figure out how to pull out just the table with data?

craigja
8 - Asteroid

To be honest I never ended up going any further - I suppose the next step would have been to work out a regular expression to extract the data

Labels