Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help Needed In Automation

rmitra14
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Please find the attached workflow and the sample input data.

I am calculating median income in this workflow. 

There are 10 Deciles. And I want to get output of 10 deciles at a time without running it 10 times.

Is there any way to do it? Is there any scope of using Macro and get the desired output for all groups at a time?

Thanks in advance for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
WillBowman
9 - Comet

You can use a batch macro and group by the Deciles field or have the batch macro inform a filter change. If I have time later today I will try to demo it.

Batch macro basically operates as a for loop with a where == clause

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @rmitra14

While @WillBowman is correct in saying that you can use a macro to run the various iterations, you don't require one.  You can calculate all the Med_Incomes in one workflow by carefully grouping by decile throughout your workflow in the summary, sample and Multirow tools and ensuring that the various Joins and select tools include the decile field

The attached workflow is a simple modification of yours and does exactly what you want.  No macros required

solution.png

Dan

rmitra14
7 - Meteor

Hi @danilang,

This is exactly what I wanted. This will save so much time of mine. 

Thanks a lot for your help. 

rmitra14
7 - Meteor

Hi @WillBowman,

I have got the output what I wanted. @danilang modified my workflow and it is working fine. 

Still I shall be grateful if you show me a demo using Batch macro. Maybe somewhere else I may need to use Batch macro.

Labels