Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help Data prep.

VahidGoli
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I used the new Text Mining tool, and I could extract some info out of a PDF invoice. Unfortunately, it gives me all the results in a row, but I need a second row for items. I named them Row1 and Row2. Would you please guide me on how I can sort them? I am very new to Alteryx.

Thank you in advance,

30-08-2020 1-09-09 AM.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
vizAlter
12 - Quasar

Hi @VahidGoli —  You can do it as well.

Can you please attached your data or export this result using "Output" tool so that we could assist you?

VahidGoli
8 - Asteroid

Hi @vizAlter,

Thanks for your response. Sorry for my silly question, but I am very new to this community and software. Would you please let me know what do you mean by "Output" tool? Do you need my workflow or..?

Thanks

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

@VahidGoli — Refer to attached screenshot it has two methods to find tool:

vizAlter_0-1598724168478.png

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

@VahidGoli — Hope the attached solution will be helpful for you.

Refer to the logic that how did I use both the "Select" tools, a simplest trick.

vizAlter_0-1598725590209.png

If this post assists in resolving the question, please mark it "Like", or "Solved" with a Like if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

VahidGoli
8 - Asteroid

@

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

Try this which I have developed on your file.

If this post assists in resolving the question, please mark it "Like", or "Solved" with a Like if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

VahidGoli
8 - Asteroid

@vizAlter,

I really appreciate your help. I just had a question....

This process is still very manual, do you have any idea how I can automate it? I mean is there a way to use a kind of filter instead of manually selection?

Thanks for your Helps.

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

It's the simplest trick which takes a few seconds only, one time activity.

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

It's the simplest trick which takes a few seconds only, one time activity.

Labels