Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help Creating Columns from Row Data

mpielmeier
5 - Atom

Hello,

I would appreciate some help preparing some data. I have the attached input (Material Numbers and Country Codes) in two columns. I would like to group the material numbers by country, but I'm not sure how to do this. Ideally, I'd like an excel output with a separate sheet for each country with the associated list of material numbers for each country. I believe if I can get the column header to be the country code (I'm working with 23 unique codes), then I can save the output data with each country as a separate sheet using the output tool (is this correct?). 

So, my ideal output is something like this (see attached dummy data for an example of what I'm working with):

*Country Codes are the headers and material numbers sold to each country are in the subsequent rows.

mpielmeier_0-1590727174817.png

If you know of a better way to get to what I'm looking for, I'm all ears! Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mpielmeier ,

You can use the tile tool to create a recordID for each country.

fmvizcaino_0-1590730244300.png

But if you want to create a sheet for each country, we can do that dynamically with the option to take a filename from a column in output data tool.

fmvizcaino_1-1590730291749.png

Best,

Fernando V.

bhrmitra
10 - Fireball

Hi,

The trick here is to use "Split to Columns" to maximum columns of data available and then use transpose and crossab.

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct and also hit the like button, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Thanks,

Abhra Mitra

Labels