Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help - Automating Manual copy paste

RKGV
7 - Meteor

Hello Team,

I am trying for possibilities to automate a manual task which involves lot of copy paste data from different excel files.

I have a sheet with headers and all the value for the columns are copied manual and paste in a different excel. I am trying to automate since its all manual and i am facing huge difficulty what to do and where to start. Literally I am stuck and I am doubting if this can even be done in Alteryx.

I am attahced the file and tried to give what i need in a nutshell. 1 sheet is Input and 1 sheet is output. Output sheets values are manually copied from input sheet. I have also mentioned from where the value is copied.

Please suggest me or advise if its worth trying in alteryx to automate or I should go for something else.

Thanks in advance. Let me know if you need more info.

3 REPLIES 3
HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @RKGV 

I am up for the challenge!  Here's goes...

Workflow attached.

If it works, please comment, like, share and/or accept as solution.  Thx.

HomesickSurfer_0-1637787456437.png

HomesickSurfer_0-1637787543493.png

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

@atcodedog05 Think you'd like this.  Perhaps if willing, concur or offer suggested improvement(s), if any.

RKGV
7 - Meteor

Hi

Thanks a lot. looks like it worked. I will try to adopt to my problem. This will help for sure. thanks...

Labels