Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help: Applying formula over multiple fields

Eug_teng
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I have a problem which I am unable to figure out. I have an input which shows different scenarios (E.g Scenario A, Scenario B) and the respective probability of success (See example input below)

Scenario A_SuccessScenario A_FailScenario B_SuccessScenario  B_FailScenario C_SuccessScenario C_Fail

I have to create an additional review column for each scenario such that: (See example output below)

• If probability of success or probability of failure >= 0.9, review = good
  • If probability of success or probability of failure < 0.9, review = bad
Scenario A_SuccessScenario A_FailScenario A_ReviewScenario B_SuccessScenario  B_FailScenario B_ReviewScenario C_SuccessScenario C_FailScenario C_Review
0.990.01good0.940.06good0.120.88bad

How do I go about doing this? I have approximately 50 scenarios! Is there a better way to do it instead of creating 1 formula per scenario?

Thank you for the help!

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Eug_teng 

Hope this is what you need.

Capture05.PNG

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Eug_teng ,

You can achieve that by using a multi-field formula tool with an If statement, checking if the value for either the success or fail fields is greater than or equal or below 0.9

AngelosPachis_0-1611566177959.png

So you don't have to go through all 50 fields and selecting manually on which fields you want to apply the formula, you can use a dynamic select tool before the multi-field formula tool, to select only the fields that contain Success or Fail in their names, and then apply the multi-field formula by selecting all available fields.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions on the workflow.

Regards,

Angelos

Eug_teng
7 - Meteor

Thank you both!

Labels