Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Header for the reporting

praneshsapmm
8 - Asteroid

Hello All ,

I have this requirement to generate the report with below header : 

XXX20192020Q12020Q2 2020/062020/07
A11111
B22222
C33333
D44444
Grand total     

The header changes whenever there is a new month added for example : 2020/08 is next . 

How to make it possible . Since there values are not constant iam unable to summerize and display the value in grand total .

Any help . 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @praneshsapmm 

Since i am away from system I can just give a pointer till the next person replies.

Try transpose on transpose columns turns to rows. Next use grouby and then sum by summarize later you can cross tab once that's done. Crosstab it and union back with other rows.

BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @praneshsapmm,

Here's an example, similar to one that @atcodedog05 was referring to. In this example, I'm using the report layout listed, and the first step is to transpose...this may look similar to your original input data, i.e., transactional rows of data for different time periods. One of the capabilities of the transpose tool is the Dynamic or Unknown Columns, so that will be able to account for new time periods, such as 2020/08. Then when you use a Cross Tab right after, one of the capabilities is to include a Total Row (or Total Column if desired). Take a look at the attached.

Labels