Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Header Rename/Dynamic Rename?

J-Riedel
8 - Asteroid

HI,

After using the Cross Tab Tool, I need a way to rename some of the column headers, but the quirk here is that I will have new columns each month that I am hoping I can automatically have renamed (don't want to have to maintenance the process each month).

Here is my process:

JRiedel_0-1627501793631.png

Here is a sample of the Summarization that is then transposed So the 'ParmMon' becomes the header:

JRiedel_1-1627501881834.png

I would like a way to rename the "0", "1", etc. to "SharesM0", SharesM2", etc., and then for next month when month 7 is now added, I will need it to automatically update the "7" to "shares M7" and so on for each month.

Anyway of doing this?

Thanks!

Jan

2 REPLIES 2
JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @J-Riedel ,

Please find attached a sample workflow to showcase how you can possible implement this functionality.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Jagdeesh

J-Riedel
8 - Asteroid

HI JagdeeshN

Thank you for the solution.  I was able to simplify it in my process, but your suggestion helped direct me to the answer.

I was able to just insert a Formula Tool in-between the Summarize and Cross Tab and use the formula "SharesM"+tostring([ParmMon]) to add a new column with the "SharesM#". 

JRiedel_0-1627504797937.png

JRiedel_1-1627504817355.png

Then in the Cross Tab, changed the Column Headers to the new Shares Month from my old ParmMon. 

JRiedel_2-1627504864643.png

End result:

JRiedel_3-1627504890314.png

Works like a charm!

Thank you!

Labels