Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Header Names

shpruitt
7 - Meteor

I have an input sheet that will update weekly based on the date. This week is 'Available 18 Jun 2018' and next week will be 'Available 25 Jun 2018' and so on. 

So to avoid a conflict with the header renaming every week when I repull the sheet and run - I used a select tool to rename the field 'Week 1'. I have a filter set up that has the expression '[Week 1] >= 20 AND [Local grade/Job level] != "Director"' (it did say "[Available 18 Jun 2018] >= 20 AND [Local grade/Job level] != "Director"' originally). 

But when I output the data I don't want it to say Week 1 - I want it to be the actual week description (like Available 18 Jun 2018). I can't see a way to reference back to the original, so maybe I need to use a more generic name in the filter? What do you think?

TYIA for the help. 

8 REPLIES 8
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @shpruitt, is this a macro or a workflow?

And could you share a screenshot of your workflow configuration? Or even better share the workflow?

Ben

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I've attached an example of how I'd approach the problem you have.

The dynamic rename is your fiend with this scenario!

Ben

shpruitt
7 - Meteor

I downloaded your workflow and it gave me a message it was newer than mine - then said I no longer had a product key and locked mine down. So I can't see/run anything or send you the workflow. I tried a screenshot too and it won't work. I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Is there a way to not rename the header and use a filter that just references that column? The column will be the same every week.

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@shpruitt what version of Alteryx are you using?

Ben

shpruitt
7 - Meteor

11.7 x64

shpruitt
7 - Meteor

I am attempting to send  you my workflow. It currently has the 'week 1' conversion in there but would be great if we can change that Filter to reference a current field or something if that is an option.

Thanks so much!!

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@shpruitt I have downgraded the workflow

See attached.

Ben

shpruitt
7 - Meteor

Thanks so much Ben!! This is a really cool feature. My mind continues to be stretched daily. 

Labels