Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Header Gets Renamed in Output File from Gallery (Server)

tanyaz
6 - Meteoroid

Hello-

I have the following field name in the workflow MoM_>90_Total and when running it in the Gallery, the header name changes to  MoM_>90_Total

I have tried to rename the field to Mom>90_Total and the same still happens running in the Gallery.  Anyone experienced a similar issue or have a suggestion? TIA

3 REPLIES 3
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Not an exact solution to your issue, but a suggestion based on my experience.  It's best practice not to have symbols in field names.  Not all softwares will handle them properly, as you can see with the Gallery.  It's changing your > to the character reference for it.  For < or > in field names I always use GT (greater than) or LT (less than).  

tanyaz
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you @mbarone I have changed the field rename to MoM g90 total but the output file still gets renamed to MoM_&gt;90_Total

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Oh, the actual file name?  You probably need to change it in the output tool as well then.

Labels