Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Having issues with the tranpose tool

Andyhjtran
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

Thank you for taking time to help me out with my issue. Currently, I have this table where rows 1-3 should be grouped together and transposed. This is the input:

Andyhjtran_0-1626404292672.png

Ideally, I want to transpose it and make it look like this:

Andyhjtran_1-1626404324462.png

Essentially, this is what I want to do:

Andyhjtran_0-1626404795744.png

I have attached a dummy workflow below. I'm having a lot of issues doing such so if anyone could help me, that'll be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

see attached - tile tool really helps after transpose and before crosstab. minor datacleansing.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Andyhjtran ,

Here is an example for you.

fmvizcaino_0-1626407141325.png

The multi-row is being used to create an ID for each repetition of the header columns, that way we can play with the cross tab and transpose tool to achieve exactly what you want.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@fmvizcainoHave you looked at using the tile tool set to unique value to do the job of the multi-row? I know the multi-row is like muscle memory at this point but wow... that tile tool is just so quick.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@apathetichell

Yes, I use that tool all the time, but for some reason I wasn't able to see that working for this case.

Maybe because it is late, who knows hahahaha

Labels