Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Having issues with nested radio tools in an analytic app

indicksean
6 - Meteoroid

Hello everyone,

I currently have three radio buttons set up with an action of Update Value with Formula using the "if [#1] THEN "False" else "True" endif" formula to disable all other containers when that radio button is selected. However, within each of my radio buttons I have nested radio buttons. When I run in debug I get errors in containers unrelated to the radio button I selected and the path of containers associated with that choice. 

I've noticed that the containers that are open are only the containers attached to radio buttons that, while grayed out, are selected by default if I were to click on the parent radio button. See screenshot attached. In this case the tool container attached to the radio button "No" and the tool container attached to the radio button "PBC Ownership % is in decimal form" are not disabled when I run in debug or the actual app mode but to my understanding they should because the radio button that they roll up under has not been selected. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
indicksean
6 - Meteoroid

Well I spent way too much time on this but I answered my own question. The containers associated with the nested radio tools needed to be inside of the containers associated with the first set of radio tools. I had moved them earlier for a different reason and didn't realized the impact it would have.

Labels