Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Having issues with drop down and filter tools

jeef84
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I've been trying to get my filter tool to update automatically using the drop-down tool, but I seem to be running into issues similar those of previous posters.

I've tried to two solutions that seemed to work already:

1. Selecting the correct "Operand" line in the simple filter, and 

2. Using the cross-tab function to populate the dropdown list

Neither solution updates the value in the filter. I'm sure there's probably a more elegant solution for what I'm trying to do, but I'm really just trying to get a handle on app creation at the moment. 

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Jeff

3 REPLIES 3
Inactive User
Not applicable

App worked for me. The one thing you forgot to do was go to Interface Designer > Properties > On Success Show Results to User and Select both Browse tools. It shows you the results then. By default apps won't show browse tools on success you need to manually check those off.

FabianS_dup_107
7 - Meteor

Hey! I think you already had the solution from ryan (it also works for me), but just to be sure let me add that the filter tool only updates in debug mode or when you run as analytic app, not if you run the workflow regularly.  And maybe a suggestion (I don't know what you prefer or want to do at a later moment): you can also make a name:value list in a .yxdb file and then populate the drop-down with this as an external source (Most times I prefer this, as you might want more than one filter in the workflow and want all options in your drop-down).

jeef84
6 - Meteoroid

Many thanks to both of you! I hadn't used the interface designer before, and it looks like that's exactly where I needed to go.

Thanks again!

Labels