Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Have Input Values in Output File

tally
7 - Meteor

I have a macro/app where I use start date, end date and a list of numbers as an input.

The dates are selected using a date picker and the list is taken in from a text box.

How can I use these values to create a sheet for the inputs within the output file?

Example:

Input Values:

Start Date; 2021-01-01

End Date; 2021-01-02

List; 5, 6, 7, 8

Desired Output:

Type: Excel File

Sheet Names: Output, Input Values

The Output sheet will contain the data that is calculated by the workflow, I would like to add another sheet that only contains the input names and input values. Is this possible?

Thanks,

T

5 REPLIES 5
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @tally ,

Yes this should be relatively straightforward but we will need a sample of the data and your macro, so we can build it for you. It's easier that way.

M.

Bulien

tally
7 - Meteor

Hi @mceleavey ,

Thanks for your quick response! 

Sharing the data will not be possible, in addition to this, the workflow uses In-DB connections right until the data stream out tool is used, so sharing the workflow will also not work as there will be no access to the data.

Would it be possible to get an example of how the inputs can be put into an output file and I can try to recreate it?

Thanks,

T

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

In that case it will be difficult as I can't see what you're trying to do.

Can you just mock up some data in a text input to illustrate what you're trying to do?

M.

Bulien

tally
7 - Meteor

I will try to create some mock data for you some time this week so that we can come to a solution. 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

As I 'm reading your problem - something like this intertwined with your workflow should work to save the inputs and put them in their own excel sheet with the rest of your output. This assume the rest of your workflow will have it's own path set as well obviously and that you group on those paths.

Labels