Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Hatched Thematic Polygon Layer

laurap
6 - Meteoroid

Hi

I'm not sure whether there is a workaround or if its possible to have a thematic polygon layer hatched but in different color for each thematic field.

What I mean is is have a data layer which has boundaries of shapes for 6 options. I would like to put it on a map as a thematic layer but have it hatched so that I can see the crossover? 

See attachment for example

Many thanks

Laura

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

HI @laurap,

I've moved your post from welome to community over to Alteryx Connect & Gallery for greater visibility.

Would something like the attached work?

2017-08-30_8-46-49.jpg

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
laurap
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Jessica

Yes that's the kind of thing im looking for, but not necessarily using one shape. I'm looking to use that sort of style for 3 or more shapes next to eachother/ intersecting one another so I can see crossover? I believe your example is just showing one shape? Also does it mean the shapes have to be separate and can not come from one input (e.g. spatial boundaries file) if I would like to edit the hatch style? 

Many thanks

Laura

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Laura,

You can set the theme manually for each category as in the attached example by adjusting the cross hatch color and angle for each.  If you do so, you can get a result like below

2017-08-30_9-50-31.jpg

2017-08-30_9-46-08.jpg

Is that closer to what you are trying to output?

Jess Silveri
laurap
6 - Meteoroid

That's exactly what I meant! Thank you for your help! 

However just another small question.. is there a way for the shapes 1/2/3 to pick up the shape name from my file rather it being numbers of 1/2/3 etc.. In the theme I've put the numbers in specific values part. 

Many thanks

Laura

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Laura,

You can use a summarize tool to group by the field and paste the values into the theming configuration but there is not a way to automatically do this that I know of.

Please see page 43 of the Tips/Tricks book for more info

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Inspire-2015-Tips-amp-Tricks/ta-p/1132?attac...

Thanks!

Jess Silveri
Labels