Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Hardcoding username password in download tool api call, connection tab not working?

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

I am calling soap webservice call to fetch data. I am using download tool, where i am writing webservice request with hardcoded username and password.

If i use connection tab and entered proper username and password, it is getting username and password invalid.

So, is there any way to avoid hardcoding of username and password in my webservice request call.

Thank you,

Manojkumar

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @manojkumar123,

yes you can put hardcode in your query to webservice.

Take a look how i did it.

In configurations to download tool you need config the USER, PASS and KEY (maybe you need this)

In my case i needed use both (pass and Key)

Put this fields in Query String/Body like in picture, and config your HTTP Action like POST.

did work for me this way

carlosteixeira2005_0-1578486127589.png

this is my query string/body

carlosteixeira2005_1-1578486505581.png

I hope this help you.

Best regards

Carlos Teixeira

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hi Carlos,

I want to avoid hardcoding username and password .So, i am looking for other ways to put it. 

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Manojkumar 

Highlighted

Hi @manojkumar123  on this way, dont to hardcode username and password.

The username and password will stay open.

Unless you want to pass username and password parameters, is that what you want?

Best regards

8 - Asteroid

How about converting the workflow into an app -- then adding text boxes with actions to replace a dummy value for your username and password.

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

Even if we write username and password in string body, it is like hardcoding only. I am also doing samething, how can i avoid that?

Highlighted

Hello @manojkumar123 ,

I think you have only three solutions then:

1. Create a macro with your data en encrypt it. This way nobody will have access to your username and password.
  2. Develop a macro from scratch with the dev tools. This will aslo be harcoded but also not visible to other users
  3. Insert a python tool and access another folder from your computer/network.

Regards

Labels